What is Slow Carb?

The Slow Carb Diet is based around lowering insulin spikes that would trigger off energy to be stored as fat…it is Carbohydrates that are low in the Glycemic Index.
Foods include Broccoli, Cauliflower, Spinach, Collard Greens and of course lots of Protein Rich Foods like Chicken, Eggs, Beef, Pork, etc….This blog was made to give insight as well as helpful recipes to help others achieve their weight loss goals using the slow carb method…I am not a nutritionist…I am just a regular person who knows this form of eating works!!!

For detailed information on eating slow carb….I will add recipes and Meal ideas and information constantly to give variety to those wanting to try to eat in the slow carb manner.

Monday, June 25, 2012

A day of meals...



One Day of meals

Breakfast (~6 AM)
2 Eggs Whites & 1 Whole Egg w/ Lite Salt (Potassium) and Salt & Pepper topped with 3 forkfuls of Picante for flavor.

1/2 cup of Lentils
1 cup of frozen spinach
I take a 20 oz cup fill it full of ice cubes, then I put cold water in it, drink it all as fast as I can, then I fill it with cold water again and drink it again as fast as I can.

Lunch (~12 PM)
1/4 – 1/5 lbs of deli cut Turkey or Chicken

1/2 cup of Lentils
1/2 bag of steamable mixed veggies (I always get the ones that have broccoli)
Snack (~3-4 PM)
Handful of Planters 100% natural harvest California Almonds roasted in sea salt, no added oils.
Dinner (~6 PM)
Whatever protein we’re eating for dinner (we usually get a poultry, pork, and beef)
1/2 cup of Lentils
1/2 bag of steamable mixed veggies (seriously, these things are awesome)

I rarely have hunger pangs on this diet. I also drink tons of ice water (the legumes make me especially thirsty). Before I officially started this diet, I experimented a little with the beans. I tried canned black and pinto beans (I couldn’t find canned lentils).  I decided to try dry beans and boiling them myself. I’m still getting the hang of it, but black and pinto beans are too much of a hassle, lentils are much easier to cook and the book says they are the better legume anyway. So I go through about 1.5 – 2 bags of lentils each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment